Sunday, June 6, 2010

Bienvenue Cameroon!

Two days in Cameroon! So far, everything has been fantastic. I have a ton of pictures on my camera, but I haven't had a chance to upload any yet. The internet is very slow, and I have to adjust to using this french keyboard. I am still in Yaounde, though Tuesday we go to Bafia where our three months of training are held. I am excited to meet my host family, though a bit nervous about living with people who I can only speak to in my (very limited) french. Undoubtably it will help me learn much faster though.

Dispite it being rainy season, I haven't seen any rain yet, though the sky has remained cloudy. The weather is also surprisingly mild.

Stage starts in earnest soon, and I've been told that it will keep me very busy, so don't expect many updates (though I imagine you all were much more realistic about update schedules than I was). There is just so much happening that it is hard to write any sort of concise post.

My training group is 43 people, all education and business volunteers. They are expanding the Cameroon program so some of us will be opening new posts. I should find out where my destination is in 4 weeks. Wait and see!

2 comments:

  1. Greetings from your Indiana fans. So glad to hear you have arrived safely. Hope all goes well with initial "settling in". Post whenever you can, we are always anxious to hear the latest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonjour! Ca va? J'espere que tu aimes ton aventure a Cameroon que tu as quitte les Etats-Unis!! Est-il vraiment chaud ou tu es? Bonne chance :)

    ReplyDelete