Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Last Night In Cincinnati

I am continuing my (unhealthy) trend of staying up late before a trip. Mainly just triple checking to make sure I have everything, a little bit last minute goodbyes. I stacked up everything I am bringing, and it doesn't seem like much, though in this picture it does.

I know everyone in PC has been saying not to worry too much about packing, but as it is the only thing I have control over at the moment everything will be perfect.

Somewhat surprisingly, I can carry everything pictured there, though I look a bit like a pack mule when doing so.

To my siblings, who tried to make me feel better by saying I wouldn't go over weight limit: the two green bags are pushing it. I guess that is what happens when you shove everything as small as you can get it (and then add books).


Tomorrow: Philadelphia
Friday: Cameroon!


PS: My cell phone is turned off, so if you want to reach me, try my email address or the comments below.

5 comments:

  1. Best of luck to you! Your staging will be run by two of my wonderful colleagues/friends, Dan and Erin! Enjoy the long flights to Cameroon et dit bonjour a tout le monde!

    Genevieve (the Admin Ofc) wil take care of you--she is from my village, Bokito.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH CAMEROON!! Way to go! How long before you start inviting people to visit?? Good call on the blog. If you're interested in comparing to PC Guyana or PC Mongolia, I have a couple other friends' blogs to share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Impressive you can fit 50 lbs in a bag that small - I know I would struggle to accomplish that! Makes you very efficient I suppose... next time we want to see what you actuallt brought, like the super awesome shades. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica: Thanks for all the advice you've given me! It is great to know someone who has been through it all :) Everyone seems very nice so far.

    AJ: Not Madagascar, sorry, but still awesome! And this way I get to teach IT :) I can't have visitors for the first 6 months, but after that I am sure I would love them! And yes, share away, I love seeing what other people are doing, and often times they have solutions to problems I am sure I will encounter.

    Kim: I don't think I can repack all of it into the bag again, so you will have to wait to get pictures of the ridiculously unfashionable items I brought.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you arrived safely and are settling in nicely. I love you!

    ReplyDelete